Recent Posts

Thursday, October 30, 2008

MOTHER ~ DAUGHTER BONDING?


I have NEVER been a fan of of the television show, South Park; until tonight, I have never seen an episode in its entirety, instead, being "turned off" by either the topics, language, sheer neglect of common decency or all three....yet, it is, sad to say, one of the favorite shows of all three of my children ~ go figure! So, you can imagine my hesitancy...more like, "kicking and screaming" when my youngest suggested that I "absolutely had to see the encore showing" of last night's episode of "Pandemic 2: The Startling" (imagine "Cloverfield" meets "Blair Witch Project" meets "King Kong" or just imagine giant guinea pigs invading New York City and the only "salvation" being Peruvian pan flute bands....). There we were, mother and daughter, for what was supposed to be just long enough for me to see these "giant guinea pigs" ("look, Mom, aren't they cute?") and yet, I was hooked -- this was, incredibly, so, so funny - yes, I had to admit it, and I had to watch the WHOLE thing!

Now, this does NOT mean I'm tuning in next week to see Craig (that's the only character name I remember) and the rest of the crew -- no, I'm sure I'll still be sufficiently shocked to keep the remote rolling, but this episode did have me ROFLMAO (if you have to ask, find a teen-ager!). The clip above just focuses on the "guinea pigs" aka "guinea bees," "guinea rabbits," "guinea rats,".....but if you watch the episode in its entirety (see link below) you will really understand (!! understand South Park? is that possible?! Well, yes, within the confines of comedy, that is -- you will understand and ROFL!!). Enjoy!
South Park ~ Pandemic 2: The Startling

0 comments:

Post a Comment