Recent Posts

Monday, April 1, 2013

The First Reveal!


Well, it's time!  The first "reveal" for the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party was Saturday and WOW, what a feast for the eyes.  I am so overwhelmed by the creativity, inspiration and talent -- I will be among the "reveal" this Saturday, April 6th, along with my soup, partner, Mandie E. of Craft-o-licious, and I don't know how Mandie's feeling, but I know I'm feeling more than a little challenged after just a brief review of some of these "reveals."  I am humbled by these artisans.  (You can find the details of how the Bead Soup "works" here).

This also means I better get busy - procrastination is not my friend...In the meantime, I will share with you this week, in a few of my postings, some of my absolute favorites (and believe me, it is hard to pick just a few) from this first reveal.

This beautiful necklace was crafted by Molly Alexander of Beautifully Broken Me with some of a soup she received from Laura Bracken,  Laura Bracken Designs.

Another incredible design - especially love the blues and browns - and as artisan Dini Bruinsma   explains, the swallow is a bearer of good news so how could you resist the message?! Dini of Angaza by Changes created this with a soup she received from Birgitta Lejonklou of Create With Spirit.


And of course, I have to share some earrings.  Many artisans created several pieces from their soups - as Sandra Pendragon did from Pendragon Jewelry (look at that beautiful wire wrapping!).  Sandra's soup was from Elisabeth Auld of Beads for Busy Gals.

Now, remember, over 500 artisans from across the world are participating in this Bead Soup Blog Party.  The first reveal was this past Saturday.  The second reveal is this Saturday, April 6th (my reveal), and the final reveal will be April 13th.  You can find the complete list for the 1st reveal on the blog of the talented, patient, very awesome organizer of this event, Lori Anderson - Pretty Things.

I'll be sharing some more favorites from this first reveal later this week, and be sure to stop by for a special Saturday post to see my reveal -- especially to see if I get it done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment